Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May Challenges *Flying Unicorn*


Hi everyone! WOW it is May already..can you believe how fast 2012 is going already. Here is hoping the next few months slow down a bit so we can enjoy them! With a new month comes lots of new challenges in the Flying UnicornForums.  I have 2 layouts to share today that I have started new challenges with. The first one is for the May Fantasy Flowers Challenge using one of the new Prima collections, Dusty Attic chippys and gorgeous Manor House flowers, all available in the Flying Unicorn store. Anyone can play this challenge and you can use any flowers. The photo is my daughter and grand son last month at Easter.

I have used two of the notecards from the Prima collection to mat the photo.

Two more close-ups of the MH flowers and the chippy. For some of the flowers I have used glimmer mist on them to get the colors I needed.


My next layout is for my “circle” challenge I am running this month. I fell in love with this layout after I finished it. I was not expecting that I would enjoy using circles as much as I did. The photos are my grandson and I have used 3 of the same photo. I did some stamping with some Dusty Attic chippys and gesso and used naked chippys on the layout.

I hand made the rosette flowers and added some liquid pearls, ink and paint to them.

Look at this cutie pies blue yes…and they are blue for real too!


Well that is it for today. Come on over to the FlyingUnicorn and play along with us, there is lots of inspiration there. I hope that you all have a fantastic week! Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J

11 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

I love the picture looking up and the rosette flowers.

misty said...

both of these layouts are so beautiful! The photo's are always amazing.

Sandi Clarkson said...

These are so awesome! Love the circles for sure!!! And I"m telling ya! Those MH flowers are better than sliced bread. I love them!@

Sandi Clarkson said...

FYI .. they don't seem to let me win over there heehee! I"m playing the Irish card! LOL

KellyCreates said...

eeny, meeny, miney, mo....which of these layouts do I love so?? BOTH of them! Stunning designs, Shona!!

Luz Maria Bruna said...

What precious layouts Shona.I love the flower arrangement on the first layout!!

Lisa said...

Shona gorgeous work as always...hoping to join your challenge!!

Unknown said...

Yep time flys lovely pages you have made and yes great layers again.
byebye,Lean

Sandi Smith said...

Your work never ceases to amaze me...stunning creations!!!!

Unknown said...

You just come up with one stunningly beautiful LO after the other Shona! I'm always impressed with the way you embellish things, supercool!!

Eila Sandberg said...

Gorgeous effect with the Prima notecards as matting! and I know first hand that the MHC flowers are just soooo pretty! I especially love the first page, but the other one is really so lovely too! my goodness he is going to be a girl magnet when he grows up with those eyes! beautiful photos as always!