Thursday, May 31, 2012

June BAP Flying Unicorn


Hi everyone! It is my turn to do a Build a Page Tutorial at the Flying Unicorn. I have used the Almanac Collection from the Flying Unicorn store and I had to incorporate a technique into the BAP so mine is masking with gesso.

 Step one:

Trim about 1/3 inch off two sides of main back ground paper and distress edges. Distress edges on Black 12x12 cardstock to use behind this piece.

 Step two:

Take a mask, paint brush and gesso. Paint the gesso onto the mask down the left side, the bottom and top right corner. Wash your brush and mask right away, as gesso dries quickly. You can either let the masking air dry or use a heat tool to dry it.

 Here is the finished background with masking.

Step three:

Take some strips of coordinating papers. Make them different sizes, this is a good time to use up scraps.

Cut a triangle out of the end on each one and ink them.

 Step four:

I now start to lay things out on my layout, trying them in different places. I have also fussy cut out a couple of tags from the Almanac papers and used a doily and Prima note card behind the photo.

 Step five:

Once I like where everything is places I start to use adhesive and pop ups to put them in place. This is the layout so far. It has lots of dimension because I have used pop ups under the tags.

 Step six:

Take some matching flowers and embellishments and lay them out on the layout.

 Step seven:

Glue the flowers in place. Add some punched butterflies from the scrap papers. Add some liquid pearls to finish it off.

 Thanks for following along with me as I created this layout of my grand daughter using Prima Almanac paper and flowers all from the FlyingUnicorn store.



I hope that you all have a fantastic week! Feel free to leave me some scrappy love comments, I love reading them ...take care and happy scrapping J




11 comments:

Cindy Gay said...

The instructions are greatly appreciated to your lovely layout!

Lizzyc said...

Wow! you make a fabulous layout look so easy to create, but it looks so beautiful when finished! Thanks for sharing!!

Vicky Alberto said...

oh oh oh so beautiful

just another day said...

Wow Shona one stunning piece of art love it to bits and all the layers and masking are my favs ...
thanks for showing us this technique
Lindy

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Thanks a million for showing us how to create your awesome page :)

jannekevanveen said...

beautiful love the details hugs janneke

Carole Wright said...

Oh this is lovely, I must give this a try sometime, and I agree you make everything look so easyand quick. BFN

Heather Jacob said...

magical Shona .. and a wonderful tutorial ... love those papers too ... I have just used some on a journal ... this page of your is perfection plus .... love ti so much xoxo

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great tutorial Shona, what a fine teacher you are! Appreciate all your wonderful efforts!

Sandi McLean said...

Great tutorial Shona! I have been so MIA and craving time to create, you are giving me some great get started again ideas. Hugs,

Unknown said...

ah my friend I love how you break it down for us! I love this.. thank you for sharing!